My Statement of Intent
My Statement of Intent
I have chose Narrative as my brief for stage two because, I am going to be studying Illustration at university and I want my final piece to have a strong meaning behind it. I also chose the Narrative brief because it seemed the most thought provoking and it will be great practise for me to start to work from briefs as many illustrators do. I intend to approach the Narrative brief by first researching the artists that are recommended to me by the brief. This will enable me to decide what route I want to go down and if I want to combine illustration with other specialisms, such as textiles. Inspired by many contemporary illustrators, I would like to respond to an issue in the media and create a piece about it. I am really interested in how women are treated in the media and I would like to research further into this topic. I will research other contemporary illustrators that comment on issues in the media to help inspire my own work and hopefully I will learn new techniques that I can apply to my own work. I intend to push myself out of my comfort zone by researching innovative artists, learning new skills and by researching tough subjects, such as how women are treated in the media. I am currently researching the Golden Globes and how the celebrities and activist all wore black to protest against sexual harassment and assault on women. I think that this is a really interesting topic and I want to research further into the treatment of women in the media. At the end of this project I hope to create a final piece that looks professional, but most importantly has meaning and a lot of depth to it. I hope to display my final piece in an exhibition at the Riverfront and I hope that it evokes a response from people.
Comments
Post a Comment